Friday, June 10, 2011

Social-ize...ing?

I decided that since I've been trying to eat healthy, stay active and take care of myself, I really can't do that while completely isolated. Otherwise, what's the point? Humans are social beings and really can't be happy without other people to share that happiness with. So, I'm going to make a concerted effort to keep in touch with people.

I think somewhere along the line, I told myself that I should never speak unless spoken to or even acknowledge others until they acknowledge me first. But...I think a lot of people also follow that principal, which results in a lot of ridiculously (and unconvincingly) pretending we don't know the people we do in fact know.

I'm going to stop this nonsense and step up. I'm going to say hi and touch base with people that I haven't talked to in a little while. Try to nurture those relationships and maintain them. It'll be hard at first, but hopefully I bet it'll be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment