Saturday, June 4, 2011

Morning Walk

This morning I went for a nice, long walk. Well, it was about 45 minutes long. But this was no ordinary walk. This morning there was a torrential downpour with lightening and thunder. I embarked on my walk just as the rain stopped, but the skies were still dark and you could smell the rain on the wind. The cover of wetness made all the colours appear more vivid than ever before. It smelled beautiful, looked beautiful and felt beautiful. The air was a little cool but humid enough to feel comforting. Then I turned on Tori Amos's Abnormally Attracted to Sin album and the experience was complete. I've found that Tori Amos is best appreciated in the rain. Or shortly after the rain.

And to think, I almost missed out on all of this. The reason for the walk was that today there was to be an event in the park involving live contemporary dance. I wasn't going to go because I assumed it would be cancelled due to the weather. Because I hadn't found any information anywhere regarding whether or not they were still going ahead with the performance, I went anyway and I'm glad I did. There was no dancing when I got to the park, but I was able to enjoy the most beautiful part of the day with Tori.

No comments:

Post a Comment