Friday, June 3, 2011

Home Remedy

The other day I was preparing dinner, and while pouring out the boiling hot water from the spaghetti, I accidentally burned my fingers pretty badly. Bad enough for involuntary crying. I ran my fingers under lukewarm water like what you're supposed to do, but it was still unbearably painful. Putting ice on it also was no good because each time I took the ice off, the throbbing got worse.

After a few hours, I decided to do a Google search on home remedies for burns. For immediate relief, one website said, put dish soap on the affected area. I tried it, but unfortunately, it was only for immediate relief, not for long term relief. So I kept reading and the next option that I could try was putting honey on my fingers. Honey, apparently, has healing properties. I guess that's why it's so good in facials.

So I tried it, and I must say that even though it did next to nothing initially, as I allowed it to sit there on my skin, the pain lessened until after 20 minutes or so, I barely noticed I'd been burned. Now, two days later, there are no noticeable effects of having burned myself. It's not sensitive, not discoloured. Nothing. Just healed. So, I highly recommend that after running the burned area under water, you should definitely apply some honey. It's magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment