Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Raspberry Cream Muffins

I love to bake muffins, and my husband loves to eat muffins. Usually I go for the banana variety, but today I felt like something different. Well, almost different. I decided to break out my old favourite recipe that was in my family's Company's Coming cookbook. Raspberry Cream Muffins.

Here's all you need to make these delectable delights:
  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup frozen raspberries
Ok, so that kind of looks like a long list, but trust me, it's super easy. I cut off the right amount of butter from the stick of butter and left it on the counter while I ran to the store to get sour cream. We were all out and it takes a little while for the butter to soften anyway. So...however long it takes you to run to the store to pick up last minute ingredients, that's how long you leave the butter out on the counter softening.

Once I had all the ingredients, I creamed the sugar and butter together, added each egg, beating them in there pretty good then added the vanilla and sour cream and kept mixing till it was all a lovely goo. Then, because I lack the proper amount of mixing bowls, I added the dry ingredients straight to the goo, but left out the flour. The non-flour dry ingredients are pretty minimal, so just add them and make sure they're well-mixed before you add the flour. Once it all was mixed thoroughly, I added the raspberries, making sure to get them mixed evenly.

After that you just pop 'em into a muffin pan lined with muffin cups and bake them at 350F for about half an hour.

I took some pictures to give you an idea of what the batter should look like, how much to fill the muffin cups and what they should look like when they're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment