Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Bus Pass of Freedom" Or "Genuine Leather"

Before my dentist appointment yesterday, I decided to go out and buy a bus pass. If I use it frequently, it's WAY cheaper than buying tickets or using exact change plus it motivates me to explore the city since the more I use it, the better deal it is. I went to Metro initially to buy the pass but apparently they sell out of them within the first couple days of the month, and this was the 6th. So, I moseyed on over to a convenience store in the mall to get one. To be honest I was less than thrilled at having to buy a pass at a place that doesn't take credit, but I did it anyway and now I have my ticket to freedom.

However, the bus pass isn't all nice and laminated like other cards. It's just cardboard, like a really flimsy business card. Clearly I had to go out and buy a new wallet that would have that little laminated flap thingy. Besides, the wallet I'd been using (since grade 10 or so) was getting pretty old and was really just a change purse. No organization to it whatsoever. So today I went out to find myself a new wallet.

I still don't have a job, so I hit the thrift stores, hoping to get something decent for less than $5. After sifting through bins of purses, I finally found a little black wallet, with the clear flip thingy with the words 'Genuine Leather' stamped into the bottom. For $2, this one was the winner.

Unfortunately, the wallet is slightly too big to comfortably fit into my pant pockets...so maybe I'll have to get a nice bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment