Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Horoscope Told Me To

I'm going to share a dirty little secret about myself : once a month, I read a very long, very detailed horoscope. And take it seriously.

Yes, I realize that people who are all learned and university edumacated tend not to believe in silly things like astrology, but I think I just can't let go of my 13 year old self. The one who read book after book about witchcraft, paganism, astrology and divination. The one who, in all seriousness, took her parents aside and sat them down to tell them that she had thought a lot about it, and she was going to convert to paganism. I just can't admit to myself that magic(k) doesn't exist.

More to the point, I was reading said horoscope and among other directives, it said I should take care of any nagging medical issues I'd been having. Since the last time I went to the dentist, I've had the most incredible sensitivity to temperature in the area where my last cavity was filled. I finally decided to bite the bullet and make an appointment...because my horoscope told me to.

Yesterday was the appointment and to my delight, nothing too painful happened. The dentist did some tests and an x-ray and decided that I should be on antibiotics for a week. It's possible that all I need to do to fix this several month issue is take some pills for a few days. Obviously I am now on antibiotics.

The downside though...is that if the antibiotics don't work I only have two options. Pull the tooth, or get a root canal done. Neither option sounds particularly good. So, here's hoping the drugs do their job!

No comments:

Post a Comment