Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Exhausted

I spent all day today working away at job hunting. Handing out resumes, talking with prospective employers and finally networking with the locals. It was all very tiring, but I managed to get quite a few leads and, more importantly, a morale boost. It had been taking me so long to find a job, I was beginning to think I was just hopeless. Now I know I just need to be a little bolder. The more I talk to people, the more opportunities present themselves and the better off I am.

Furthermore, the more social risks and nudging of my comfort zone I engage in, the more confident I become and that also brings about positive change. For the longest time, I had been too shy or embarrassed to play guitar and sing while my husband was within earshot. I'm not sure why, but the smaller the audience, the more nervous I become...especially when the audience is comprised of people I care about. But because of this confidence boost I got, I felt comfortable playing tonight at home and managed to finish writing one song that I had started writing about a month ago, and then I started writing another! He even came out and told me how much he loved it when I sang and how he wished I'd do it more often.

Just goes to show, to me anyhow, the dramatic power we all have to shape our own lives and create the life we want. The smallest and simplest of changes can have incredible results. You just have to go after what you want and try not to get cold feet while getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment