Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Revivals

Since I did so well the other day with getting back into song writing, I figured I'd get back into other things I used to do, too. So I looked up my old website from high school (http://webs.psychadelia.com) and re-read the first few chapters of that book I started to write. What? I started writing a book? Yes, yes I did, and upon reading it again I realized it's actually vaguely entertaining.

However, I liked it so much that I realized how unlikely it is that I'll be able to write like that again. I've changed far too much as a person to write the same way. And even if I was capable of writing in that style again, I hadn't thought out a plot yet. No plot. No story. Not really even a particular genre yet other than general fiction.

So, how do I proceed? Do I proceed? Is it worth my time to write a book that will likely never get published? Probably not, but if I wrote a book, it might someday get published, right? Probably not, but at least I could say I wrote a book and feel good about myself.

Maybe...if any readers out there would like to go to the aforementioned website, click on 'Book' and read what's there thus far...maybe, offer suggestions for how you'd like to see the book play out? What should happen to Caprice, and what should be revealed during therapy? Feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment