Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Epic Biscotti

I promised my friend that I would blog about the EPIC BISCOTTI. I had planned on documenting the entire process but, well, I arranged all my ingredients and took a picture. Then realized I had too little sugar, so I went out to get more sugar, got sleepy and decided to make the biscotti in the morning. By then I had completely forgotten about documenting it.

Anyways, here we go.
The ingredients are as follows:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp of baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • however many sliced almonds as I could find (about 1/4 cup)
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 2 cups of flour
  • some vanilla and almond extracts to taste

I beat the eggs and sugar until they went all pale from freight. Then I added the almonds, cocoa powder and extracts. And, because I didn't have a second big mixing bowl to mix the dry ingredients, I added the salt, stirred a bit, then the baking powder and stirred a bit more and then finally added the flour last.

The batter is then separated in two and shaped into two loaves on a pan. I baked for 40 minutes at 350F (rotating half way through). After that, I let them cool for a bit, sliced them up and baked again for about 7/8 minutes per side. Then I was left with delicious biscotti to enjoy with my morning coffee! And because they're small, I can tell myself it's ok to have 3 in one sitting.

Just look at that perfection!

Yuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment