Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Can You Imagine?

Do you ever imagine how things are going to go and then realize that the chances of that happening are very, very slim? I think I do that a lot in social setting. Next weekend is the Hillside Festival at Guelph Lake and I will be volunteering at the volunteer support tent. Along with a few other people, I will be creating a calm environment and listening to other volunteers as they tell me all about whatever is on their mind. I'm pretty excited about it. We get to play music and hang out with cool people in exchange for a weekend pass to the festival at a hugely discounted price.

In my mind, I'm going to be having fun, playing guitar, and the band members from Mother Mother...or maybe Sloan, will come over to unwind after their show. After hanging out for a bit, I'll mention that I write my own music. Of course, they'll demand that I play for them a bit and after hearing a few songs, they'll decide right then and there that I should join their band, or open for them, or get set up with a record deal of some sort. It'll be a fortuitous event AND an awesome tale to tell.

You see where my mind drifted from reality there? Right after the playing guitar. I suppose, there's  a minute chance that I could meet those people...but it's pretty unlikely that we'd all hang out like old friends and even more unlikely that they'd care to listen to my music...and furthermore, like it enough to advance my music career for me. But can you imagine if that did happen? Apparently I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment