Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Someone's Living in the Stairwell

My apartment building is sketchy. That is a matter of fact (not a complaint). Sure, we've got tennants from every nation on the earth living under one roof and yes, there's some clearly insane individuals. Recently however, there have been a number of peculiar findings in the stairwell that leads me to believe someone lives there.

Evidence #1: Ziploc bags of cheese bits.
One day, I was leaving for school and to my surprise there were bits of cheese everywhere that had seemingly exploded from a Ziploc bag. From the smell, I would guess it had been there a while. This finding was a strange one, and it largely went overlooked as there are many strange smells in my building, as previously discussed on this blog.

Evidence #2: Smooshed muffin, in another Ziploc bag, stuffed with cigarette butts.
Possibly even more strange, a while after the cheese disappeared I noticed a bag with a muffin in it that had clearly been used as the communal ash tray. So, not only is someone living in the stairwell, but either there are many someones living in the stairwell, or the stairwell troll is a chain smoker...and maybe a little sadistic toward muffins.

Evidence #3: Toilet paper and a toothpaste box.
This is really where it begins to look like whoever is spending their time in the stairwell must in fact be living there. You don't tend to just hang out in a creepy stairwell with toilet paper while brushing your teeth. The upside though: the stairwell troll must be concerned about the impact their smoking addiction has on their oral health.

Evidence #4: A sweater.
I know it's been getting awfully warm lately, but it's still cold at night. Sweaters are still necessary, but not during the day. So, I think the stairwell troll has stashed their sweater in the stairwell to cuddle up with when they go to sleep at night.

Overall, I think this is overwhelming evidence that we have a stairwell troll. It seems to me that I should start bringing my camera with me whenever venturing into the stairwell so that should I happen upon the troll, I can take a portrait for proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment