Sunday, February 6, 2011

Why I've Become a Hermit

Like most young women, my perceptions of myself are radically different from others' perceptions of myself. This realization isn't because I see what others see. This is coming purely from what people tell me is so, which means I'm note entirely sure I believe them. They could be lying to make me feel better. It happens.

Unfortunately, this realization doesn't change how I see myself. But from what I've gathered, this is how others see me:






Not perfect, but nothing glaringly wrong with me. BUT, here is what I see when I look in the mirror:
As you can see, it's quite a leap of the imagination to make myself believe that I look fine when that's what I see. My solution? Just don't leave the the house! It's perfect except, ya know, when I need groceries or have to do laundry or have class or meetings....

So...my realistic solution is to chew on my sweater (which covers my lower face) and lean on my hands (which covers the sides of my face) and maybe wear a hat (which covers my hair, though I don't always opt for this one because without big hair, my big nose becomes REALLY noticeable). And ultimately, that makes it worse because then I get more acne all over my face.

FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment