Saturday, February 5, 2011

February yaaay!

It is now February which means we're almost past the worst of winter. Almost. Which is VERY exciting to me.

Dermatillomania update: apparently it's hard to quit doing things that have become habitual. I am in fact wearing gloves as I type this so as to prevent myself from picking at my skin. Without the gloves, I just do it without thinking, so this way I at least can't do any harm. And really, now that I think of it, it's best that I'm doing this during the winter when it's not THAT weird to wear gloves and mittens all the time.

I'll update again about this later to let anyone out there who may be suffering from the same thing know about the progresses I've made and what has and hasn't worked. Keeping your hands busy so far is the best advice I can give. And wearing mittens. And try not to obsess in the mirror. I have to learn to just let go and allow my skin to get gross in order for it to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment