Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-CHANGES

I already knew I had body image issues between ages 7-16 or so, but I didn't think I still had those issues. But the reason I'm becoming aware of it, is that I've started making healthy changes and realizing the big differences. By healthy, I mean mentally. I've always tried to be healthy food/exercise-wise. And every time I go to the doctor, I always turn out to be the right height/weight combo and everything.

But there are bad habits that was making me think I was fatter than I am. For instance, I stand WAY too close to my mirrors:



I also stand all weird in front of the mirror that eccentuates flaws...and even makes ones that don't exist!

I've discovered that if I just stand a normal distance from the mirror, and stand normally, I look fine. I was just being silly and making things look aweful and unflattering. No wonder my perceptions differ so radically from everyone else's. The last habit that I'm trying to break is wearing ill-fitting clothes. I always thought that when clothes fit properly, they should be stretching a wee bit at all times. This is not accurate.

So, if you suffer from body image issues, ask yourself these questions three: Am I standing so close to the mirror that my face is one inch from it? Do I stand in akward poses to "get a better look" at fictitious flaws? Do my clothes fit me?


No comments:

Post a Comment