Monday, August 1, 2011

Common Grackle

While I was lying in a tent with my friend at Hillside, we looked through the band guide and read aloud the more interesting descriptions. One of them was for a band called Common Grackle in which several somewhat conflicting genres were said to have been fused together to create their music. After reading it, we decided we had to check them out and see just how it all meshes together.

Unfortunately we didn't stay too long since there were several talked-about bands at that time to go see, but the few songs we listened to were pretty awesome. A little rockabilly, with a modern hipster twist and some questionable lyrics, strange I know, but the tunes were delightful and catchy. I since looked them up on Youtube and now I feel the need to learn to play At The Grindcore Show.

*For some reason the video won't cooperate*

No comments:

Post a Comment