Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Atumnal Equinox!

Today at 9:04am was the autumnal equinox, but don't worry, you can celebrate it all day if you like. This day is all about balance, reflection and thankfulness. Apparently it is also traditional to eat or drink things that have been spiced with ginger.

I am thankful for a great many things. I've been fortunate enough to find my soul mate and to have the support of great friends and family. I was able to go to and graduate from university. And though it's not my ideal job, I do have a job which is a difficult thing to possess in this economy. I have my health, as do those around me. All in all, I'm doing pretty well.

But, for things to work toward, I would like to have a job that actually allows me to save money and thus pay off my loans. I also would like to push myself to take advantage of all that I can while I am young enough to enjoy it. Yes, I'm only 23, but I'm aware that it feels like I was 19 not long ago and thus I'll be in my late twenties in the blink of an eye. For some reason I feel a tremendous amount of pressure right now to make all the right moves and do all that I can before it's too late. I want to spend time with friends and have great adventures with them. I want to build fond memories. I want to be able to say with all honesty that I really lived my life.

What about you? What things are you thankful for and looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment