Friday, November 26, 2010

Schizophrenia

Do you ever find yourself liking things for ridiculous reasons? I decided I loved the song Schizophrenia by Jukebox the Ghost (incredible band by the way) but...despite the song actually being really really good, I think I like it that extra little bit solely because it's entitled Schizophrenia, a major psychiatric disorder/disease that is of particular interest considering I am a psychology major.

Jukebox the Ghost manages to create a sound that almost perfectly matched my conception of the disease. I've never been diagnosed with schizophrenia, but I imagine if I did, I'd feel pretty cracked out a lot of the time and extremely conflicted. Now, because of my lack of diagnosis, I can't tell you it's accurate...though I do know a few people I could ask...BUT either way, it's a wonderful song and I highly recommend you take a listen.

One piss-off though: I'm Canadian, and despite being on tour with the Bare Naked Ladies, which are hugely popular in Canada, I couldn't find a tour date for Toronto. Tsk tsk.

So, dear reader, have you ever discovered you liked something mainly because of some more or less insignificant detail?

No comments:

Post a Comment